[Bf-committers] Dynamic icons and 2D texture drawing

Andrea Weikert andrea at aweikert.de
Fri Jul 29 02:34:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've finished my first patch to a point where I'd like some feedback.

What this patch does is to create icons for library objects
such as materials, textures, world and lamp.

The second thing this patch does is to use OpenGL textures for
all icon drawing. this includes all the icons Blender currently
uses in the headers and elsewhere. It also includes all the previews,
which are now drawn as a textured quad.

I have discussed a bit with  Matthew Plough (meestaplu) on IRC
about ideas to make this even faster and who has already done
work on a  2D Image Drawing Engine and written some
documentation about it on the wiki.

http://wiki.blender.org/bin/view.pl/Blenderdev/CopyPixelsToTexture

You can download my path from

www.elubie.de/blender

where I've also written a bit of preliminary documentation.

I'd be glad to hear some feedback, especially if there are any problems,
but of course also ideas on how to improve the patch.

--- Elubie