[Bf-committers] Blender on MinGW?

Joseph Eagar joeeagar at prodigy.net
Mon Jul 25 14:11:34 CEST 2005

Carsten Wartmann wrote:

> Joseph Eagar wrote:
>
>> Carsten Wartmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there still makefile changes needed to get Blender compiling
>>> under MinGW/MSys?
>>>

>> I fixed this halfway on tuhopuu, so you should be able to compile on
>> just fine on that tree.  Except, you have to manually build the dna
>> file.  To do this, you compile until it complains about DNA.o, copy
>> obj/windows/blender/maksdna/makesdna.exe to
>> source/blender/makesdna/intern, cd to that dir, do ./makesdna DNA.c,
>> gcc -c DNA.c, and then copy DNA.c AND DNA.o to
>> obj/windows/blender/makesdna (if your still in the makesdna folder,
>> then it's ../../../../obj/windows/blender/makesdna)
>>
>> for bf-blender, you probably have to edit BKE_bad_level_calls.h in
>> source/blender/blenkernel, and change the line '#include
>> "render_types.h"' to '#include
>> "../render/extern/include/render_types.h"', although I'm not sure if
>> that's the right number of "../" at the beginning.  there should be a
>> makefile-related solution to this, but I havn't found it as yet.
>>
>> And consider that a compiling bug report :)
>

> PITA...
>
> There was one more .h not found in BKA_bad_level_calls.h. Then I
> manually made the DNA.c etc.
>
> Now it breaks not finding winbuildinfo.g which I have not found
> anywhere in the tree.

oops, forgot that.  you have to put the following inside winbuildinfo.h
(which you create, in source/creator):

char * build_date=BUILD_DATE;
char * build_time=BUILD_TIME;
char * build_platform=BUILD_PLATFORM;
char * build_type=BUILD_TYPE;

and after the full build, I usually remove intern and extern from the
main Makefile's DIR list.  It's not like those change much, anyway.
That leaves with a fairly easy compiling process, with the only
annoyance having to manually create the DNA file whenever a DNA struct
changes.

joeedh