[Bf-committers] Blender on MinGW?

Carsten Wartmann Carsten.Wartmann at imago-viva.de
Mon Jul 25 13:44:51 CEST 2005

Joseph Eagar wrote:
> Carsten Wartmann wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there still makefile changes needed to get Blender compiling under
>> MinGW/MSys?
>>

> I fixed this halfway on tuhopuu, so you should be able to compile on
> just fine on that tree.  Except, you have to manually build the dna
> file.  To do this, you compile until it complains about DNA.o, copy
> obj/windows/blender/maksdna/makesdna.exe to
> source/blender/makesdna/intern, cd to that dir, do ./makesdna DNA.c, gcc
> -c DNA.c, and then copy DNA.c AND DNA.o to obj/windows/blender/makesdna
> (if your still in the makesdna folder, then it's
> ../../../../obj/windows/blender/makesdna)
>
> for bf-blender, you probably have to edit BKE_bad_level_calls.h in
> source/blender/blenkernel, and change the line '#include
> "render_types.h"' to '#include
> "../render/extern/include/render_types.h"', although I'm not sure if
> that's the right number of "../" at the beginning.  there should be a
> makefile-related solution to this, but I havn't found it as yet.
>
> And consider that a compiling bug report :)

PITA...

There was one more .h not found in BKA_bad_level_calls.h. Then I
manually made the DNA.c etc.

Now it breaks not finding winbuildinfo.g which I have not found anywhere
in the tree.

ranlib /home/cw/blender/blender/obj/windows/blender/icons/lib.a
****> Link /home/cw/blender/blender/obj/windows/bin/blender.exe
g++ -DNDEBUG -O2 -DBUILD_DATE='"2005-07-25"' -DBUILD_TIME='"11:36:02"'
-DBUILD_PLATFORM='"windows"' -DBUILD_TYPE='"dynamic"'
/home/cw/blender/blender/source/creator/buildinfo.c -c -o
/home/cw/blender/blender/obj/windows/buildinfo.o -DNAN_BUILDINFO
C:/msys/home/cw/blender/blender/source/creator/buildinfo.c:44:26:
winbuildinfo.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [/home/cw/blender/blender/obj/windows/bin/blender.exe] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

I am currently using CrystalSpace together with Blender, but CS works
much better on MinGW/msys and it is very faulty to mix cygwin (which
compiled Blender very good) and so... PITA... ;-)

Regards,
Carsten.