[Bf-committers] Blender on MinGW?

Joseph Eagar joeeagar at prodigy.net
Mon Jul 25 13:06:45 CEST 2005

Carsten Wartmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there still makefile changes needed to get Blender compiling under
> MinGW/MSys?
>
> I tried to follow the remarks in the list but with no luck.
>
> scons also seems not to install on mingw correctly somehow...
>
> Regards,
> Carsten.
> _

I fixed this halfway on tuhopuu, so you should be able to compile on
just fine on that tree.  Except, you have to manually build the dna
file.  To do this, you compile until it complains about DNA.o, copy
obj/windows/blender/maksdna/makesdna.exe to
source/blender/makesdna/intern, cd to that dir, do ./makesdna DNA.c, gcc
-c DNA.c, and then copy DNA.c AND DNA.o to obj/windows/blender/makesdna
(if your still in the makesdna folder, then it's
../../../../obj/windows/blender/makesdna)

for bf-blender, you probably have to edit BKE_bad_level_calls.h in
source/blender/blenkernel, and change the line '#include
"render_types.h"' to '#include
"../render/extern/include/render_types.h"', although I'm not sure if
that's the right number of "../" at the beginning.  there should be a
makefile-related solution to this, but I havn't found it as yet.

And consider that a compiling bug report :)

joeedh