[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/include BIF_transform.h....

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Jul 24 13:46:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

>   *NOTE*: Some UI decision done in this commit will most likely be
> revised, all flame shall go in /dev/null. Constructive discussions of
> course welcomed.
>
>   This commit merges manipulator orientation selection back in
> "traditional" transform.
>   That's how it works:
>   	- The dropdown in the 3D view header is always visible
>   	- The orientation chosen will be used when choosing an axis with
> MMB and for the *second* key press of X,Y,Z
>   		However, Local orientation doesn't use the one calculated by the
> manipulator. This is to ensure that multiple object local and
> armatures in pose still works as before.
>   	- Alt-Space (to change the orientation) works during transform

Functionality for the MMB chooser is fine with me. :)

The hotkey (XYZ) access is confusing though... hotkeys work best when
they always give the same result, regardless 'modal' settings. Hotkeys
then remain intuitive, and can benefit muscle memory.

At this moment, with the default orientation set to "Global", the 2nd
press XYZ doesn't do anything even, which is quite confusing.

My guess is to just do what the XYZ keys before, but add the new
options as third or fourth press. You can skip the 'normal' alignment
when not appropriate.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org