[Bf-committers] Version skipping

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jul 22 15:39:55 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I mentioned it as an idea to Daniel last night, but notice he already
took action immediately! :)

Because of the amount of changes in the code, with associated
version-conversions (armature/pose system, modifier system), it's safer
to move the version number up now. That way (new) files saved won't go
through the list of non-needed hacks to get things working, and is
testing version-conversions more secure.

It also means we need a formal decision on the migration path... all
issues I intended to make a proposal for first!

Proposal: next official release will be 2.40, targeted somewhere in
October (?).
We can bump up two intermediate release codes:

Done now: depgraph, armature/pose recode, modifier system recode

2.38: rvk/action/nla system, action/nla editors recode, etc.
       render pipeline changes (to be announced!)
2.39: Tuhopuu UI migration (?)
       Final testing, testing builds

The SoC migration (after approval) should fit in somewhere too. Right
now don't have a lot of time for making a planning, will try to present
one before next sunday meeting!

Sorry this wasn't communicated earlier...

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org