[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: depsgraph.c

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jul 20 10:36:19 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 20 Jul, 2005, at 6:14, Daniel Dunbar wrote:

>    - added modifier_dependsOnTime to check if modifier needs updating
>      based on time change. would be nice if dep graph could handle
> this.

The code you added looks OK and will work on time changes.

You probably mean: would be nice if the depgraph has builtin info on
which nodes/relations dependend on time?
Maybe the trick is to include a "time" node in the graph, and give it
the proper relations to the depending nodes... a simple flush then does
the full work. :)

At this moment I prefer to keep the system as it is, which is quite
basic still. Based on how we use it now (and want to use it for
database relations) it should be cleaned up, focused, and made faster
especially. That's what I like to discuss with Jean-Luc first.

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org