[Bf-committers] A more different reorganization of the development section

D.J. Capelis djcapelisp at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 18:27:04 CEST 2005

While Shul took the approach of looking at a piece of the new dev portal, this
is an attempt to look at a more overall view of how it might look like and be
organized.

The header would of course include your main navigational bars for the entire
blender3d.org so users who accidently find themselves in the development area
can try and escape without being lured in.  This goal should be made as futile
as possible as the header should probably also include a representation of
blender's current BCON development status right in the header so anyone who
does happen to come across the development part of the site will see it and
investigate further.

The main business of the development site could be organized into two separate
sections.  "Getting Involved" and "Current Work"

The first thing under Getting Involved should probably be Shul's Guide to
Becoming a Blender Developer, but under that we could also have:
*Communication
|-IRC Channel & Sunday Meetings
|-Wiki
\-Mailing Lists
*Code
|-Patch Tracker
|-Feature Tracker
\-Python Scripts
*Places
|-Projects (projects.blender.org)
\-Developer Forums

The Current Work section could be contain:
*Code
|-Bug Tracker
|-CVS Web
\-Login to projects.blender.org
*Communication
|-Documentation
|-Website Maintenance
|-Public Relations (I don't know if we have this yet, but we probably should)
\-Sunday Meeting Agenda
*Other Trees
|-Tuhopuu
|-SoC
\-iblender

These things should also probably go out on the user site somewhere.  They used
to be at blender.org and it probably wasn't quite right for them there...
1) User forums
2) Graphics Database
3) Testimonials/Blender Stories (and a link to submit their own?)

I'm sure there's more stuff that should go here.  There's also probably stuff
placed in the wrong column.  What does everyone else think should go in a
development portal?

~D.J. Capelis~