[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/blenkernel/intern armature.c constraint.c object.c

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sat Jul 9 16:17:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

> http://mitglied.lycos.de/mosebjorn/hidden/RotatingAction.zip
>
> 'footroll' is constraint target of 'toe' and 'foot1'
> rotating footroll over 'x' gives a nice non slip rolling foot movement
> including bending toes.

Thanks, helps a lot!

> Observations:
> 1. storing in current CVS version and reloading in 2.37 dislocates
> bones.

I am still not sure where the exact upward compatibility issue lies,
this is nasty testing... a lot of structures changed in the recode,
especially in removing redundant storage. This then get read in old
blender files as zeros.
Maybe I should keep all old redundant data for a while (one version) so
people dont get nasty errors comparing versions.... but that's still
not guaranteed to work.

(btw; insert a key on dislocated bone, advance frame, remove key solves
it....)

> 2. the rotation target angle (the control input) works with 90 deg
> offset, compared to 2.37.

I've made the action constraint now work as it should... meaning, using
a complete relative rotation for the bones, so it's not sensitive for a
parent bone (or complete armature) rotation.

-Ton-