[Bf-committers] IPO curve attribute array issues

Ken Hughes khughes at pacific.edu
Fri Jul 8 18:19:15 CEST 2005

While working on BPython IPO modules, I discovered that order of
entries in the name arrays and value arrays used to represent IPO
curve are not consistent.  For example:

from source/blender/src/editipo.c:
   char *ac_ic_names[AC_TOTNAM] = {
	"LocX", "LocY", "LocZ",
	"SizeX", "SizeY", "SizeZ",
	"QuatW", "QuatX", "QuatY", "QuatZ"};

from source/blender/blenkernel/intern/ipo.c
   int ac_ar[AC_TOTIPO]= {
	AC_LOC_X, AC_LOC_Y, AC_LOC_Z,
         AC_QUAT_W, AC_QUAT_X, AC_QUAT_Y, AC_QUAT_Z,
         AC_SIZE_X, AC_SIZE_Y, AC_SIZE_Z};

I've found two other instances of this as well.

It would be nice (for my code) if ac_ar[index] and
ac_ic_names[index] referred to the same item.  Furthermore, I think
this change would make it eathis could clean up some code elsewhere
in editipo.c.  For example

      name = getname_ob_ei(ob_ar[a], colipo);
      strcpy(ei->name, name);

could be replaced with
      strcpy (ei->name, ob_ic_names[a] );

Also seems like it would be a good idea to put both of these arrays
in the same file.

Should I code a patch for this?  Or is there some underlying thing
I'm not seeing?

Ken