[Bf-committers] game engine plans

erwin at erwincoumans.com erwin at erwincoumans.com
Wed Jul 6 11:57:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

Ton asked me to outline plans of my new game engine contributions.

I haven't spoken to Kester yet, so plans might still change, but roughly I
would like to contribute:

 - Improving Physics Engine in Ketsji (current game engine)
I don't want to spoil all details yet. Physics abstraction has silently been
completed in 3.37.

 - Supporting CrystalBlend with Jorrit
Games won't be backwards compatible but it fits with Blender as good as
possible

 - Transition: Assist in interfacing CrystalBlend with Blender
I think it's best to focus on getting CrystalBlend to the point that it is a
reasonable blenderplayer. After that people can start thinking about more
tight integration.

I hope I can make one more contribution to Ketsji, before it will be
replaced. Hmmm, this sounds a bit too dramatic ;-)

Erwin