[Bf-committers] LibSDL.a

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Jan 29 18:17:09 CET 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, Jean-Luc Peuriere wrote:

> - what can be removed from SDL to get something a bit less heavy ? Can
> sgefant state what he removed ?
>
> - i used a stock version of the lib, perhaps a custom one would be smaller,
> that we can then add in extern
>
> - is joystick support really worth the overhead ? Not that i disagree with it
> but that seems a bit bloated for me.

As we're already talking about it, I'm preparing an intermediate
instinctive-blender release with the new SDL-based soundsystem. I'll
announce to the list. This can then be used for others to test the
new system and for potential integration into the official tree.

This uses SDL_mixer too, so SDL_mixer would have to be added to extern/
anyway.

Just for preparation... :)