[Bf-committers] LibSDL.a

Jean-Luc Peuriere jlp at nerim.net
Sat Jan 29 17:53:07 CET 2005

To get Blender compile again on Os X since joystick support commit, i
had to replace the fine minimal SDL of 252 kb by a 436kb (1.2 Mb for
debug) version of it.
I had also to add a new framework (IOKit).

This affect less blender executable, but before adding this new lib on
CVS, i would like comments on the following :

- what can be removed from SDL to get something a bit less heavy ? Can
sgefant state what he removed ?

- i used a stock version of the lib, perhaps a custom one would be
smaller, that we can then add in extern

- is joystick support really worth the overhead ? Not that i disagree
with it but that seems a bit bloated for me.

- Perhaps can we make this optional or a plugin.

--
Jean-Luc