[Bf-committers] Siggraph 2005 scheduling

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jan 26 11:50:32 CET 2005

Hi all,

Still 6 months away, but the Siggraph program is being defined
already... it will be in LA again, july 31 to august 4.
I recently started discussions with Siggrapph committee members again,
only to find out they already did what they promised on the last
Siggraph Blender BoF; integrating open source in the official program
better. Here's current status;

- Open Source is defined to be 'spotlight' for courses:
http://www.siggraph.org/s2005/main.php?f=cfp&p=courses&s=open

- There's a Panel discussion on the OS topic;
http://www.siggraph.org/s2005/main.php?f=cfp&p=panels&s=topics#9

- The Guerilla Studio chairman wants to offer Blender on all machines,
and talk with us on 'breakout sessions' there

- I'm discussing with the Birds of a Feather committee to have a fixed
room for open source projects for 3-4 days; mostly to be able to have a
permanent hotspot for talks/demos and meeting point.

- Several companies were (and will be) contacted to offer Blender
artists "demo pods" on the tradeshow floor... this of course will have
to fit in their own commercial offer, e.g. show off the power of Mac
G5s, HP Linux stations, 3DLabs gfx cards, AMD 64 bits processors, etc.

Some of the deadlines for submissions already passed, but I might be
able to squeeze in activities still. Most of all, I can't do all of
this myself, so need people interested to help out with activities on
Siggraph this year. And of course, spread the word in other gfx related
Open Source projects... we now have the chance to show how we can make
a difference!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org