[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src buttons_editing.c

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Jan 24 23:56:17 CET 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Chris Burt wrote:

> Don't worry I only meant underused in the scanline render :) Realtime is
> another story entirely, and still they can be made to make use of more of
> Blender's rendering capability it seems, although python'ers seem to like
> taking care of these sorts of things. Just thoughts ;)

I don't see any use for vertex colours in the scanline renderer, apart
from radiosity. Did I miss anything else?

> As for only being able to apply vertex colors to the selected faces, why does
> this present a problem? If you're in face selected mode would you WANT to be
> able to apply face colors only to selected faces? And being in vertex paint
> mode at the same time poses a problem why?

It's not a problem, it's a feature. You often want to paint only on selected
faces.

The problem comes with exiting both modes, I then keep pressing F and V
all the time until I've managed to find the right combination, i.e. both
are turned off, and i'm in object mode again :)

But that's not REALLY an issue. So, my vote: Keep everything as it is :_)