[Bf-committers] No numpad -- Keymapping?

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Wed Jan 19 02:48:23 CET 2005

Hi, I think that custom keymapping is a really needed feature for
Blender.  I know, I know it'll happen during the Future Event System
Rewrite--which doesn't seem like anytime soon.

Anyway I just made a hacked Blender build for a guy on IRC who didn't
have a numpad on his keyboard.  I disabled the ZERO-NINEKEY events and
transferred then to PAD0-1.  It wasn't difficult, it just took changing
the defines and modifying ghostwinlay.c.

IMHO some consideration should be made for numpad-less users.  I do have
(somewhere) my keymapping system, which BTW included the gui code, which
perhaps could be used to temporaliy allow users to redefine problematic
hotkeys, such as the numpad ones.

joeedh