[Bf-committers] patch for tech mode

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Jan 17 16:49:41 CET 2005

A scale var isnt a bad idea- you could have preset scale vars...
An optioin that americans would like is displaying ft and inches :) They
realy should move to metric.

As for clutter. if you dont want clutter you dont have teach draw mode
enabled.
You only use it when  you need to see a distance, where zooming in and
adjusting the display is fine,

I personally use it for building templates - Say I know the dimensions
for a building, I just key in all the data to model a simple template,
clutter dosent matter in this situation- A simple mesh dosent get
cluttered easerly, I need to know the data, realtime feedback is nice
and more data is more usefull then less.

BTW, I strongle disagree with drawing the values in 3Dspace, it would
make the writing realy hard to read. Bitmap fonts are perfect for this,
as it is.

- Cam