[Bf-committers] [Fwd: [Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/intern/moto/include MT_assert.h blender/intern/moto/intern MT_Assert.cpp]]

Mal mal at candomultimedia.com
Mon Jan 17 18:13:23 CET 2005

> There are various game engine issues. The fact remains that the
> Walkthrough
> viewer movement is still very flaky and unusable in the current
> engine. He
> moves as if he only had one leg. :)

He has only one leg... a round spherical one :)

I'm working on an app at the moment, using the Havok Xtra for online
physics, that allows students etc to add a vehicle to any type of scene,
and quickly try it out.
See http://www.candointeractive.com/gamedesign/car/levels

Having a stable rigid body engine ( eg ODE + OPCODE, instead of or as a
selectable option rather than SUMO + SOLID ) is key to allowing Blender
GE users the ability to create stable, complex environments.  For this
current app, I've tried to automate everything as much as possible, so
that students can quickly learn the basics of 3D modelling, and game
logic, without having a complex scene setup, or export path.  Blender
would be ideal for something like this, if the engine could handle it.

Mal