[Bf-committers] Cheap Tweak Mode

Jonathan Merritt j.merritt at pgrad.unimelb.edu.au
Sat Jan 15 10:34:45 CET 2005

Well, I can think of two possible reasons to go via tuhopuu:

1. It allows non-programmers to test and use the patch in a full build.
Even though it's simple, it is somewhat experimental - is there any
other "quick/implicit mode switch" like this in Blender?  Regardless, it
allows more people to test it in real-world situations and answer
Chris's question about whether or not this is desirable.  The testing
and migration to the main codebase can surely be done prior to the next
release?

2. Chris does most (if not all!) of the work for tuhopuu merges, for
which all tuhopuu people are eternally grateful! :-)  If anyone can
manage a test period in tuhopuu prior to migrating to the main codebase
then surely it's him! :-)  Personally, I think that more stuff should go
through tuhopuu first.  While committing something like this directly
into the main codebase doesn't necessarily undermine tuhopuu, surely
going via tuhopuu with as many new features as possible will not do it
any harm.  It may even be helpful for the morale of less-experienced
developers to have more tuhopuu success stories.

Jonathan Merritt.