[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/src header_view3d.c toolbox.c

Juan Julio Peña Mena jjulio.pena at verizon.net.do
Tue Jan 11 10:59:45 CET 2005

Since we are at this point, there is yet another bug-like issue with
Bezier curves:

Select a control point already set to "free", one that isn't symetrical
(the side handles aren't the same size).  Now try to rotate the control
point.

You will realize that there isn't an easy way to rotate the control
point while leaving the real control vertex (the vertex located nearer
the midle) on its former location.  All the rotation options actually
translate the control point at the same time.

So far, I've been working around the issue by selecting the true control
point (that automatically selects the 2 ends), then manually
un-selecting both ends, then using the snap cursor-to-selection, then
seting the rotation to "from cursor", then re-selecting both ends, and
then, FINALLY rotating the control point.

Would it be possible to add a new type of rotation, if only for curves,
one that will pivot from the "true control center", so that you could
just select the point and rotate it worry free?

Apollux.