[Bf-committers] Idea for textureing method.

Robert Wenzlaff rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com
Thu Jan 6 22:47:19 CET 2005

At 12:01 PM 1/6/05, you wrote:

>You could always try something like this playing with the Normal as input:
>http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/messedtex.blend

Closer to what I want.  Not sure if it's precisely what I want.  For one I
don't think you could make twisting textures with this method.

Is the Nor mapping define "Z" as the directional derivative (vector
perpendicular to the normal, pointing in the direction that has the
steepest slope)?  I've never used it for anything other than envmaps and
don't know how it is mathematically defined.

Robert Wenzlaff