[Bf-committers] Doxygen docs?

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 17:55:24 CET 2005

I'll agree with Jean-Luc here. What's important in
comments/docs isn't so much What the code does (this
usually fits in one or two lines) but rather How it
does it and Why it does it this way (what are the
limits/advantages). More often than not when looking
at unkown code, that is the true question.

On the point of doing that as docs outside of code, I
disagree. While standalone docs are important and
shouldn't be left out of the equation, it's usually
more convenient to have the docs right in the code
where you need it. Otherwise, you always end up
jumping between the code base and the documentations.

I don't know doxygen enough to have a definite opinion
on its use in particular though.

Martin