[Bf-committers] Doxygen docs?

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Wed Jan 5 22:46:45 CET 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, joeedh wrote:

> I tend to code so, for example, to add a new spacetype you only have to
> define a new structure, code a draw and event function, then add these to an
> array of a special structure array BuiltinSpace (aka python style).  No
> having to insert code into switch statements in four or five different files.
> You simple add to the BuiltinSpace array like so:
>
> static BuiltinSpace builtin_spaces[] = { {"Material", draw, evt, init)},
> {[name], [draw func], [event func], [init func]};
>
> Hope that makes sense.

Yes, it makes perfect sense.

What you are talking about is called "object-oriented programming". Sadly,
Blender's code is not object-oriented :) And personally, I find the concept
of OOP so incredibly unintuitive and abstract (because I ALWAYS worked with
procedural languages) that I would be totally against converting it to
OOP code.

No attitude is better or worse. They're just different. And both have their
right to exist. :)