[Bf-committers] Sound Actuators and Python - Old bug?

Kester Maddock Christopher.Maddock.1 at uni.massey.ac.nz
Wed Jan 5 12:43:13 CET 2005

At a guess, you will probably have to deactivate the actuator, or change the
loop mode, since it plays on the rising edge of the activation signal:

GameLogic.addActivaActuator(cont.getActuator('grasssound'), False)

Kester

PS True and False are built-in types since at least Python 2.2

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 23:59, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> I need someone to confirm if this is a known bug or if I introduced it.
>
> I'm using the following code inside a walk script to make footstep sounds,
> about 3 per second:
>
> if fwdkey.isPositive():
>          vec = VEC_add(vec, playerY)
>          if player.runsound > 0.3:
>                  player.runsound = 0
>                  GameLogic.addActiveActuator(cont.getActuator('grassound'),
> 1)
>
> player.runsound is a timer.
>
> The sound is set to "Play End".
>
> The problem is that this sound is only played once, even though the
> actuator is constantly retriggered (I can see this in the Debug display
> from player.runsound, which get set to 0 again and again)...
>
> Is this a known problem? Can anyone where OpenAL works test if this works
> or not?
>
> Thanks.
>
> | alexander ewering              instinctive mediaworks
> | ae[@]instinctive[.]de   http://www[.]instinctive[.]de

Lots of people drink from the wrong bottle sometimes.
		-- Edith Keeler, "The City on the Edge of Forever",
		   stardate unknown