[Bf-committers] Ocean Simulator

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sun Feb 27 07:58:58 CET 2005

 >> [major snip]

Well, I've tried to plugin in node shader programs (well, just Crafter)
into Blender before. . .my grandose experiements with direct interfaces
between Crafter's C++ and Blender's C.

Didn't work.  If this is done, do it all in C.  This kind of
object-oriented (ooh!  the horror I know some of you are feeling! ;) )
design is a little bit more difficult in C, but not overly so, and with
C++ you lose the ability to easily produce DNA-compatible structures
(unless you use C structs to store the core data, without any member
functions, although that's just annoying).

Just some thoughts for if anyone is actually considering doing this.

joeedh