[Bf-committers] Memory Leaks

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Sat Feb 26 15:05:09 CET 2005

Memory management tools are notorious for reporting false positives;
even high-end commercial ones like Purify.

We just went thru a similar scare on the bf-python list when someone
ran the code thru valgrind.  It *appeared* Python ( not bpy! ) was
leaking memory like a rusty sieve.  Final result: after some web-based
research, we find that Python is managing its own memory pools and
doing quite nicely at it, thank you!

It may be that the game engine leaks badly, but the scientist in me
wants more evidence than an 800 line printout from some tool I have
never heard of.

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net