[Bf-committers] New Transform patch.

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sat Feb 26 03:52:54 CET 2005

Don't forget that I was, how did the meetings notes put it, "Martin's
'sidekick'" at the beginning of this project?  I've since dropped out,
but I'm not foreign to the code.  I did, after all, port over the
transdata conversion code :)

And I even wrote the first version of the scale function, but it was a
little too messy (I couldn't isolate exactly how the code worked at
first (the old code in editobject.c was way too messy) so while I did
end up with the exact same functionality, it took a *lot* of trial and
error and by that time the function needed to be rewritten.  Which is
why theeth rewrote it :) ).

And yes, I know I contributed some fairly bad code back then, but
everyone makes mistakes, and in that case I was basing my solutions off
of the old transform code :)

And I'm not very good at describing things like what my patch does. .
.it makes your objects go along the axis closest to the mouse cursor,
but as your still in middlemouse-click mode. . .you click and drag along
the appropriate axis. . .I don't know.  But I at least thing it's useful.

joeedh