[Bf-committers] New transform - middlemouse rotation

Chris Burt desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com
Fri Feb 25 02:11:33 CET 2005

I agree with Martin on this completely. (No shock to you I'm sure.) And
its not just because I'm a kiss-ass. Martin's method has a great deal of
room for improvement, yes, but the old method required that you press Z,
X, or Y to rotate on an axis and MMB only allowed two-axis. Its
debateable which you will use more, but it isn't debatable that the
other old transform modes used MMB for axis constraints all along.
Switching it so that rotation now uses MMB for axis contraints is much
more consistent and sets the convention that other transform modes will
rely on modifier keys and not pressing X, Y, or Z. "trackball" rotation
will be no different. Am I right on this Theeth?

Regards,
--Chris