[Bf-committers] New transform - middlemouse rotation

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Feb 24 22:48:12 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Chris Burt wrote:

> View rotation? Works fine here. Object rotation? Has just been altered. And

If middlemouse rotation has been altered, I propose a userpref to bring back
the old behaviour as an option. It appears that clicking middlemouse while
rotating now constrains to an axis, but that's not really a very useful
behavior because there's no visual relationship between moving the mouse along
an axis and constraining *rotation* to that axis...

So it should be dropped in favor of the old trackball rotation invoked by
middlemouse.