[Bf-committers] Save session recovery on SIGSEGV

Robert Wenzlaff (AB8TD) rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com
Thu Feb 24 03:27:38 CET 2005

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 17:18, Alexander Ewering wrote:
> > Hi.  I've made a patch where BKE_undo_save_quit (the session recovery
> > saving function) is called whenever a segmentation fault occurs.
> >
> > I don't know if this is a good idea, if it'll work cross platforms, or
> > whatever, but anyway heres a patch.
>
> Cool, I wouldn't have thought the state is sane enough still to save a file
> in that situation

There's a decent chance that you will save the item that made it SIGSEGV in
the first place.  It's usually an interaction with a tool, though, so would
"probably" work most of the time.  But you might want to make it save
"crash.blend" instead of saving over quit.blend.
  "Obscure, Profound it was, and Nebulous,
  So that by fixing on it's depths my sight,
  Nothing whatsoever I discerned therein."

    		    -Dante, predicting the
		        Windows 95 API.
Robert Wenzlaff     rwenzlaff at soylent-green.com