[Bf-committers] Freetype issues

Gilbert, Joseph jgilbert at tigr.org
Wed Feb 23 17:03:16 CET 2005

Huh? According to the CVS log you added it? I think this isn't the
purpose of the extern/ directory. Especially not for sources being
maintained externally.
-----------------------------
:( yea. Shoot. Didn't think this was a big deal. The source is perfect
to build from. Didn't mean to f*dge things up.

Aim should be to pin down for each platform the default version of
external libs to link with, and put that as an extra service compiled
in lib/
-----------------------------
I guess having something moved to /lib/windows isn't a bad idea if no
one else wants the source. Since it's not just .h/.lib 's and contains
the actual source to build from I thought it's better to have in the
/blender directory.
The other option is to commit a version of freetype libs linked to
libcmt(libcmtd) and msvcrt(mscvrtd) versions of the c-runtime library.
Thought the source would be helpful though :(

In my previous mail I didn't know yet freetype sources were added...
thought the huge commit was project files only.
Yes mostly all vcproject files.

Well shoot, it looks like I screwed things up with this. Now I feel
awful. I spent a lot of time of this and thought I was doing good. :(
Just let me know if and what I can do to fix things up then.

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org
http://www.blender.org