[Bf-committers] ImBuf->Rect

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Sat Feb 19 14:18:27 CET 2005

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Hi Austin,
>
> I know Alexander isn't the most political correct member of the team
> here, but he actually did give a useful answer. There's a lot of
> undocumented code in Blender, but there's also a lot of useful
> commenting and examples you can easily find by browsing in the code.
> It's very educational to do as well, getting familiar with the
> structure of Blender, where to find things, and how things work.
>
> The buffer format of imbuf is extremely straightforward, something
> you  can find simply in almost any part of Blender code using imbuf.
> A  little bit effort of someone to find out himself is evidence of a
> positive attitude towards coding as well.
>
> Locate the imbuf directory, and find the two IMB_xxx include files
> there... there the hunt starts! :)
>
> -Ton-

I have to say, I've learned a lot about 3D modelling program design from
Blender.  Basically what I mean is, I've learned a lot from Blender,
including how to to write useful and user-friendly 3d modeling
interfaces.  Most of it came from reading existing code. .
*cough*tonseditmeshcode*cough*.

joeedh