[Bf-committers] HE Mesh win32 build

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Thu Feb 17 01:26:57 CET 2005

Matt Ebb wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2005, at 10:58 AM, joeedh wrote:
>
>> To executute a macro recording, press either T to play it once, or
>> CTRL-T to enter tool paint mode.
>

> I'm on OS X so this is just from looking at the SWF, but that tool
> paint mode looks bloody fantastic! I presume it's a method of
> replaying whatever you save as a macro? Well done!
>
> Matt

Actually, all it does is that on leftmouse-down, it enters a loop where
it gets (then selects) the face under the mouse cursur (just as if you
right-clicked it), executes the tool macro, then repeats the process
once every 0.07 seconds.

The following tools use the macro interface:

Expand/Contract Sel, CTRL-PADPLUS/MINUNS.
Collapse Vert, delete key->collapse vert.
Delete Face, delete key->delete face.
Subdivide, W key->Subdivide.
ALT-S, specially rewritten but only for HE Mesh.
ALT-CTRL-S brings up the precision (although not so precise at the
moment) macro "movers" menu, which let's you move geometry a small
amount in the x, y, or z object-axis directions, so you can include
simple, small transformations in your tool macros.

And the zip file contains the latest patch along with a windows build.
See previous emails for instructions on how to appy the patch correctly
(there are some new files, that are in there own zip archive, since CVS
diff -N for some reason won't work for me).

Instructions on how to write new tools, along with removing a lot of old
code I've kept for reference purposes while I was fixing some bugs, will
be forthcoming.  Eventually.

joeedh