[Bf-committers] HE Mesh win32 build

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Thu Feb 17 00:58:09 CET 2005

Hi.  Thanks to ZanQo, I was able to host a windows build of Blender with
the new HE mesh at http://www.3developer.com/joeedh/ . Download and
extract the zip file; inside it you'll find a windows build, a new
patch, and a zip archive containing the files needed for that new
patch.  Just unzip the zip below your blender directory, and it'll put
all the source files in the right place.

To use the new mesh type, select a normal mesh and press ALT-C to make a
copy of it as an HE Mesh.  This copy will be made at the 3D view cursor
(I decided to use the new object code for this), and will not delete the
old mesh.

Select face loops by holding down alt and selecting an edge in face
selmode, edgeloops are the same way but only in vertex and edge
selmode.  Border select works, but not circle.  CTRL-SHIFT-R will
start/stop tool macro recording.  ALT-S is the only transform compatible
with the macro system, but I've also added precision "macro movers,"
acessable through ALT-CTRL-S.

To executute a macro recording, press either T to play it once, or
CTRL-T to enter tool paint mode.

Delete key will give you the options of either removing a face, or
collapsing selected verts.  Subsurf is accessable through the
editbuttons, but it's the only working thing there.

The renderconverter codes doen't exist yet, and you can't add materials
either.

And please note: there is still some bugs in this release, I'm sure.
The merge tool is disabled because it ruins half-edge integrety, I still
need to figure out how to deal with that.

Have fun!

joeedh
P.S.: oh, and I've included that wink demo I posted a while ago, too
inside the zip file.