[Bf-committers] Linux ATI Rescue Team!

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Feb 15 13:30:28 CET 2005

Hya,

We get a disturbing amount of ATI + Linux issues in our tracker again.
It seems like any improvement we try for Blender, however nice OpenGL
compliant, gives new issues with ATI drivers again. It is usually
related to drawing pixmaps (glDrawPixels) but also texture drawing
seems to be cumbersome.

I would like to find out who here has similar configs, and like to be
involved with testing the issues and find the workarounds? It really
requires minimal OpenGL coding experience...
Hopefully we can get a small team of devs who can be assigned to handle
and fix these tracker reports.

You can also expect very good support from ATI yourself, the project
leader for Linux drivers (Matt Tippett) is responsive, but he cannot do
the Blender coding itself.

Thanks!

-Ton-

Ton Roosendaal  Blender Foundation ton at blender.org