[Bf-committers] Blender XML

Jeremy Wall zaphar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 01:31:13 CET 2005

I am beginning testing of the XML parse. I plan to run a series of
tests on tree creation and text parsing. Once that is done I will be
starting to write the code to output Blender XML Files. This should be
useable for exporting lIbraries of materials, geometry, or lightin.
Basically any data type in blender will be exportable and importable.
I will add full blender file support at a later date after testing
various types of exports and imports. If anyone wants to volunteer
their time please email me and let me know I could use some help in
coding some of the exports when I'm ready to start on that.A somewhat
recent snapshot of my code is on the wiki although I'm not
guaranteeing it won't have errors. It compiles fine but I need to
fully test the parsing and tree generation before I can call it ready.
You can contact me for a more recent snapshot of the files if you
want. If all goes well I hope to have some basic exports working and
ready for testing soon

I am having to do this in my "spare" time after work and church duties
so work has slowed to a crawl but is still progressing. Just thought
I'd let you folks know I hadn't given up.