[Bf-committers] Merging material settings for game engine and rendering

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Thu Feb 10 14:46:34 CET 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Mal wrote:

> If a texture exists on material slot 1, it becomes the normal texture.  If a
> reflection texture is mapped above it, it becomes a reflection map.  If a
> texture is applied in slot eg 3, with a blend, it becomes a multi-textured
> object. etc etc.

I don't know if opengl supports all the mapping modes (cubes, sphere, tube, flat,
then orco, glob, object, etc.), blending modes, etc. .. Neither does the game
engine support multi-texturing, as you will know.

But I agree that a more unified material system, and of course, more
similarity of potatoe mode and game engine (which are increasingly
drifting apart, especially with specularity and quad lamps) would be
useful..