[Bf-committers] C++ Migration

Jeremy Wall zaphar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 01:48:23 CET 2005

yes it is possible to do OO with C. All you have to do is provide
accessor functions for the datatypes and logic in your systems. My XML
project for blender will be doing that and it looks like Ton is going
to be doing something similar for the animation/armature rewrites.
More of blender needs to have these functions though. There is no
clear seperation between core/engine sections and implementation/use
of those engines. I would like to see a push toward more and more
sections of blender getting accessor functions and clear api's for
their use. A lot of Blender could be made developer friendly this way.
Additionally some of the sections of the code would be protected
making their maintainers jobs much easier. They won't have to worry as
much about some new (to that section) coder messing something up.

And No I don't consider the python api to fill that need.