[Bf-committers] C++ Migration

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Thu Feb 10 01:50:14 CET 2005

joeedh wrote:

> Austin Benesh wrote:
>
>> Are we ever going to consider a massive migration from C to C++? C is
>> quickly being outdated. What are we going to do when it goes
>> obsolete? I believe this is one of the more serious issues on our hands.
>>
> The problem here is that most of the developers are C prodecural
> coders;  I'm one of very few Blender coders who actually likes, much
> less knows anything about, C++.

And no, I don't mean that in a bad way at all.  C++, for all it's
features, isn't all its cracked up to be, and C works just as well if
you know what you're doing.  I'm not saying that you C coders are stupid
or anything like that ;)  In fact, although I consider myself a C++ guy,
for Blender I've learned that C really is better.  In some cases.

joeedh