[Bf-committers] C++ Migration

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Thu Feb 10 01:43:16 CET 2005

Austin Benesh wrote:

> Are we ever going to consider a massive migration from C to C++? C is
> quickly being outdated. What are we going to do when it goes obsolete?
> I believe this is one of the more serious issues on our hands.

The problem here is that most of the developers are C prodecural
coders;  I'm one of very few Blender coders who actually likes, much
less knows anything about, C++.

I agree completely with a lot of people that C++ has too many features
for its own good (e.g. it's too complex).  Of course, I also happen to
also think those features are kindof fun to use :)

What blender really needs is on-going refactoring to make the code more
object-oriented in the places that need it.  Despite what some people
think, it is possible to do OO with C;  and especially the event system
could do with a OO rewrite (as we all know).

joeedh.