[Bf-committers] Modification Stack

Austin Benesh doccoaster at msn.com
Thu Feb 10 00:37:13 CET 2005

You are correct. The method I'm developing captures the current EditMesh
every time free_editMesh is called or when the user calls to push it on the
stack. It then stores this on the "modification stack" (construction history
stack) for future calls. The method I'm creating may use more RAM, however,
seeing as how it stores an exact duplicate of the EditMesh on the stack. The
reason I do this is so no dependencies between stack levels are created, and
when a position in the stack is expelled there will not be need for massive
stack reconstruction. This same method can also be applied to certain other
things (such as NURBS, IPOs, etc.) If you have anything to expound on this
concept, I'd be glad to hear it.