[Bf-committers] Modification Stack

joeedh joeeagar at prodigy.net
Wed Feb 9 04:55:14 CET 2005

Alexander Ewering wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Austin Benesh wrote:
>
>> It would work by each successive undo push storing the differences
>> between it and the last push, rather then just a copy of the mesh.  Or
>> so I think.  I've been thinking about this lately :)
>

> That's pretty vague. Can you elaborate on how you want to store
> "differences"?

I'm still thinking about that.  My idea is that a, say, "difference
vert" would store the difference of it's co, no, and f members, plus an
index to the vert it operates on.  Also, when you "delete" a vert from a
modification entry, what you really do is set a flag, because deleting a
vert is something that requires reconstructing the whole stack, which
you would only do at certain times (like exiting editmode).

This topic is slightly tricky, especially trying to figure out whether
or not it's worth the size overhead to save the modification stack for
each object in a .blend file.

joeedh