[Bf-committers] Armature total mess?

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Tue Feb 8 15:10:28 CET 2005

Ton wrote:

>The proposed solution below I think is dangerous... for example a 'keep
>foot on floor' constraint might be needed to apply after keyframing
>(interpolating rotations). Inverse kinematics (or dynamics) constraints
>might have same issue.

Indeed. My post before wasn't so much a proposal as an example of the
level of questioning of basic assumptions that ought to be done. As
in: what is good about our system? what are we just hanging onto
because that's how it's always been done?

The only thing I can really ask for in the code is some good (and
clear, as you said) modularization of functions so future developers
(like me!) can, for example, easily use an already existing function
to query the actual matrix of a bone in worldspace or bonespace at a
given point in a given action, without jumping through fifteen layers
of hell to get the information. Like I said, it's just an example,
but something that you cannot do with the sources in their current
state.

I'm just glad that you've finally overcome your dread and have begun
to work on this!

--
Roland Hess - harkyman