[Bf-committers] Space orb anyone? - Ghost input

Jean-Luc Peuriere jlp at nerim.net
Tue Feb 8 01:00:16 CET 2005

Le 7 févr. 05, à 19:12, Campbell Barton a écrit :

> Hi, at metavr we use a space orb for 3d navagation, there realy nice -
> 6d of freedon, they are serial port devices, does anybody know if it
> would be possible to add support for the space orb into Blender? this
> could be a code bounty-
> the device is called a space orb 360, google for it.
> Linux has space orb drivers as as part of its joystick stuff, so mabe
> we only need to support generic joysticks.
> Sorry I should gave more details but Im in a rush..
> - Cam

that was a part of the intent of the ghost refactoring i intented to
do. Now i did not had the time to really dwell on this but my goal was
to add USB devices. With the SDL joystick support now in, this may be
possible also this way.

But it suppose some works at ghost level (not so hard, i think, but
cumbersome), and also quite a lot more in the event system. the latter
part may prove much harder.

--
Jean-Luc