[Bf-committers] (no subject)

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Mon Feb 7 01:09:46 CET 2005

I know that my posts are mostly ignored by now, but I have a lot of time,
so why not try :)

Ton, do you still remember how the "collision jitter" problem was solved
in 2.25's game engine, and why it isn't solved after open-sourcing?

Have the following situation: A completely even plane, and a Sphere
which bounces down on it.

After a few bounces (say, Restitution = 0.5), the sphere should sit on
the plane and not move at all anymore.

2.25's engine did this correctly. When the sphere sat on the floor, any
attached collision sensors did not trigger anymore, and it didn't visibly
move.

In 2.36 (after I fixed resitution), a sphere *seems* to sit on the floor
as well after a few bounces, but it's not the case. It constantly
"jitters" around, and collision sensors trigger all the time.

My question is: How has this problem been solved in 2.25, and why has the
code changed so substantially that 2.36 suddenly reveals this problem?