[Bf-committers] Shadow colors

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 6 13:56:53 CET 2005

Hi,

There's a real logical reason why it's not there yet. There doesn't
exist something like "shadow" in Blender, the only thing we render
right now is "light" which is being filtered or colored or modulated
based on spot bundles, angle of incidence, texture, shadowbuffer,
raytracer, AO, etc.

The definition of "No Light" means "Do Nothing" now... quite logical.
If you want to have shadows to appear in a color, filling that in with
another lamp (or ambient, or AO, etc) is the obvious method now. That
way also backfacing parts of geometry get 'shadow color', or parts
outside of a spotbundle, etc.

-Ton-