[Bf-committers] Armature total mess?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 6 13:48:58 CET 2005

Hi Ole,

> away the fun part, I'd prefer BF-tree to be the 'customers/users' one.
> Means: they can work with a BF-build without any nasty surprises at
> *any* time. If was strict only confirmed && tested bug fixes and
> finished && approved new features should go there.

Urm... that "any time" is nearly impossible. Inbetween releases we need
periods of transitions to new code which can give nasty surprises
yes... but limited to scheduled work and known risks in advance. The BF
tree releases should be on 'customers/users' level yes.

Maybe CVS is becoming slowly a bottleneck... I am not proposing a
switch to Subversion yet, but at some stage in our future it might be
inevitable?

> Yup.. and sorry but, Ton this goes to you in person:
> I would have felt much more comfortable if softbodies project went to
> tuhopuu first.

That's a misunderstanding then... I've never asked you to commit it to
bf-blender? For me it's a very interesting & planned development, but
it was still ongoing research pending final design for proper
integration. When all such variables are known, it can be in either
tree, depending on how it would work best.

We don't really have strict guidelines to define what's OK for
bf-blender or not... apart from defining per release a couple of
targets to work on. Probably the scope/impact of some of the current
projects is so large we have to find different ways to work on it?

-Ton-