[Bf-committers] Armature total mess?

Simon Clitherow aphex at nildram.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 15:25:29 CET 2005

Ton Roosendaal wrote:

> Current conclusion; it not only has to be rebuilt from scratch, but
> we also have to drop any attempts for compatibility... and try to get
> a conversion coded *after* a new design has proven to work. If that's
>  even possible.
>
> For the devs here who ever tried to grasp it (Hos, Theeth); is this
>  conclusion correct?

I've also looked at the code from time to time and I have to admit, this
has been my view from almost day one. :)

It's a shame, but I really couldn't grasp the thoughts behind the
different 'components' and how they relate to one another.

Hopefully, seeing it built up piece by piece + clear docs/comments will
help this time around!

I'll also lend a hand where and when I can.

Cheers,

Simon