[Bf-committers] Shadow colors

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Feb 4 13:45:33 CET 2005

Hi Bart,

We have blender.org forums, the wiki, and the funboard mailing list for
artists to propose or discuss ideas on Blender. This list works best
when we restrict it to actual development projects; for coders to get
feedback on implementation/design issues and for all blender.org
projects to coordinate development and releases.

I really *do* agree we can setup a much better interaction between
development and feature proposals. But the real bottleneck still is
that for every developer here we can easily name 100 ideas and
suggestions to work on...

Your idea for 'colored shadows' is actually already implemented with
the ramp shaders, where you can set different colors for a material
based on the amount of light it receives. Very easy to make dark parts
blue-ish that way.

We also could extend ramp shaders to Lamps, where a color ramp is used
on the Lamp light colour itself... this is quite a complex feature
though, since it might conflict with Material based ramps as we have
now.

-Ton-