[Bf-committers] Re: [Bf-blender-cvs] CVS commit: blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x Object.c blender/source/blender/python/api2_2x/doc Object.py

Alexander Ewering blender at instinctive.de
Sat Dec 31 00:00:04 CET 2005

On Sat, 31 Dec 2005, Campbell Barton wrote:

> As for the exact functionality. I could make it work the same way all the
> time, not dependant on user preferences, agreed that would be ideal.

Well, if we're already using hacks like modifying G.qual, you could just
as well modify U and set all relevant flags in the userprefs, and reset
them again after adding the duplicate.

I don't really care about the python API, but as you're already doing this,
maybe it should be possible to pass the same flags as used in the userprefs
as options to the python duplicate function, ala

duplicate(DO_DATA, DO_IPO, DO_TEXTURE, DO_MATERIAL),

where all these are booleans. That would be ideal and most flexible -imho-.